Responsible Care at Air Liquide
Responsible Care® is the chemical manufacturing industry’s commitment to the continuous improvement of health, safety, environment and security.
Air Liquide is committed to providing a safe, secure, and healthful workplace for our employees and to being a responsible, environmentally friendly neighbor to the communities in which we operate and live. Our management system is independently certified by a third party to ensure continued conformance to the requirements of Responsible Care® and support our efforts for continuous improvement.
Visit American Chemistry Council for more information about Responsible Care.
Our Commitment to Responsible Care
Chemistry is essential to the products and services that help make our lives safer, healthier and better. Through the Responsible Care initiative, Air Liquide Large Industries has made a commitment to improve our environmental, health, safety and security performance. Accordingly, we believe and subscribe to the following principles:
- Lead our companies in ethical ways that increasingly benefit society, the economy and the environment.
- Design and develop products that can be manufactured, transported, used and disposed of or recycled safely.
- Work with customers, carriers, suppliers, distributors and contractors to foster the safe and secure use, transport and disposal of chemicals and provide hazard and risk information that can be accessed and applied in their operations and products.
- Design and operate our facilities in a safe, secure and environmentally sound manner.
- Instill a culture throughout all levels of our organizations to continually identify, reduce and manage process safety risks.
- Promote pollution prevention, minimization of waste and conservation of energy and other critical resources at every stage of the life cycle of our products.
- Cooperate with governments at all levels and organizations in the development of effective and efficient safety, health, environmental and security laws, regulations and standards.
- Support education and research on the health, safety, environmental effects and security of our products and processes.
- Communicate product, service and process risks to our stakeholders and listen to and consider their perspectives.
- Make continual progress towards our goal of no accidents, injuries or harm to human health and the environment from our products and operations and openly report our health, safety, environmental and security performance.
- Seek continual improvement in our integrated Responsible Care Management System® to address environmental, health, safety and security performance.
- Promote Responsible Care by encouraging and assisting others to adhere to these guiding principles.
Commitment to Product Safety Code
As a Responsible Care® member company, Air Liquide commits to the safe management of our products by:
- Evaluating and characterizing the potential health and environmental risks of our products and establishing practices to mitigate those risks to our employees, customers, suppliers and other stakeholders
- Maintaining information on HSES impacts, intended uses and exposures for new and existing products
- Communicating these impacts along the value chain to our employees, customers, suppliers and other stakeholders
Safety Data Sheets
|Product Stewardship - Steam|
|Product Stewardship - Argon|
|Product Stewardship - Syngas|
|Product Stewardship - Syngas 2|
|Product Stewardship - Nitrogen|
|Product Stewardship - Hydrogen|
|Product Stewardship - Carbon Monoxide|
Commitment to Process Safety Code
As a Responsible Care® member company, Air Liquide commits to the safe operation of our processing facilities by:
- Developing and implementing a comprehensive process safety management system to manage risk and improve performance
- Providing all employees with the necessary knowledge, expertise, tools and training to manage process risks in their operations
- Holding employees accountable for process safety performance and allocating adequate resources to achieve performance expectations
Commitment to Security Code
As a Responsible Care® member company, Air Liquide is committed to help protect employees, contractors, people of the community, transportation of products, information and information systems by using a risk-based approach to identify, assess, and address vulnerabilities, prevent or mitigate incidents.