HSE Policy at Air Liquide USA
At Air Liquide USA, we apply a ‘SMART’ mindset toward achieving outstanding Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) performance. We believe in the protection of our co-workers, business partners, teams, the environment, and our neighbors as a fundamental value to operating professionally. This approach is integrated into our daily work and is not a priority that is subject to change.
Safety — Operate responsibly and professionally
- Execute work in a manner that protects the safety of our co-workers, business partners, the public, and the environment
- Minimize waste and our environmental footprint
- Comply with operating requirements such as AL Corporate Standards and 12 Life-Saving Rules; applicable federal, state and local regulations; and the principles of the U.S. Responsible Care program.
Mastery — Continuously improve how we work
- Pursue continuous improvement projects and actions, large and small, site-wide, and at the task level
- Involve everyone in safety activities such as inspections, meetings, hazard analysis, job safety observations, safe work permitting, HSE improvement activities, etc.
- Apply a systems approach which better connects our work efforts, methodically and proactively manages down risk, and shares information effectively across the organization
Assets — Enable our stakeholders
- Ensure resources, tools, and problem-solving support are available
- Methodically manage change to equipment, processes, and procedures
- Maintain accurate and complete information regarding HSE impacts, intended use, and product information
Resilient — Develop sustained, strong and effective HSE processes
- Investigate HSE events to identify root causes and prevent recurrence
- Use ‘Time-Out Authority’ to pause work when concerns about uncontrolled risk exist
Transformation — Move HSE performance beyond zero
- Maximize learning and application of effort through strategic and tactical actions
- Develop innovative, yet practical, solutions to HSE challenges
- Proactively identify, anticipate, and mitigate hazards
- Integrate HSE safeguards within changes to existing processes, procedures, and equipment